Resources for Students
In addition to our academic and research missions, Wharton Entrepreneurship has a strong offering of activities and programs to support students who are either looking to start their own business or pursue an entrepreneurial career. Events throughout the year promote entrepreneurship to the Penn student community, and give an entry point for the curious and in-depth support and resources for the committed.
for Students interested in starting a business
- The Wharton Business Plan Competition gives a framework for building a team, crafting a business plan, getting feedback from experienced entrepreneurs and venture capitalists, and testing it in competition against other students.
- The Wharton Venture Initiation Program provides office space, mentoring, and membership in an active entrepreneurial community to students who are launching a business.
- The Entrepreneur-in-Residence program brings seasoned entrepreneurs from a variety of industries to campus for one-on-one meetings with students.
For Students pursuing an entrepreneurial Career
Other Resources for Students
- Wharton and Wharton Entrepreneurship offer a number of Awards and Fellowships in entrepreneurship.
- Numerous student-run clubs and conferences at Penn and Wharton support entrepreneurially-minded students.
- Venture a Guess! gives Penn undergrads a chance to show off their knowledge about Penn entrepreneurship, win fabulous prizes, and learn more about Wharton Entrepreneurship's offerings.
- Our cross-campus resources page lists resources from across Wharton, Penn, and the broader Philadelphia area for entrepreneurs.
MBA preterm info session for the class of 2014
Davis Smith (G'11/WG'11), Co-founder of Baby.com.br in Sao Paulo, Brazil, spoke to the MBA Class of 2014 about his entrepreneurial career path and the ways in which Wharton helped him build his business.
Information Session Video