CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) UPDATES
Dear Entrepreneurship Community,
Our thoughts are with you and our global entrepreneurship family during this unprecedented coronavirus pandemic. As we move forward with the Spring 2020 semester, please know that we are firmly committed to providing all Penn students and alumni with a safe experience and virtual community. Based on the guidance on the Penn Coronavirus website and the CDC website, we have tailored our co-curricular programming. As the COVID-19 situation changes, we will post updates here about adjustments to our PWE student programs.
As the world changes, staying connected is more important than ever, and we are setting up a new digital channel so that we can support each other and protect our global entrepreneurship community. More to come on this and, in the meantime, we hope you remain safe and healthy.
Karl Ulrich, Trang Pham, and the Penn Wharton Entrepreneurship team
Effective immediately, our PWE staff is working remotely and both PWE offices in Philadelphia and San Francisco are closed.
All PWE academic and co-curricular activities are now virtual:
- India Fellows Program classroom instruction
- All Venture Initiation Program (VIP-C, VIP-SF, VIP-X, and VIP-Xa) 1:1 advising, group advising, and workshop sessions
- All Expert in Residence (EIR) sessions including Legal Expert in Residence
- All Subject Matter Expert sessions
- All 1:1 sessions with PWE staff
- All 1:1 sessions with Snider Center staff
Our competitions are now also virtual:
- Penn Wharton Startup Challenge: The Penn Wharton Startup Showcase in-person event on May 1, 2020 will not be held. The Penn Wharton Startup Challenge Finals and Semifinals will be conducted online, with details to follow. Further communication regarding the competition will be shared by Cathy Ogur, Associate Director at Penn Wharton Entrepreneurship. Please contact Cathy at email@example.com with questions or concerns.
- Summer Venture Award: The Summer Venture Award competition has been modified in light of recent announcements and will be held virtually via online videoconferencing. Further communication regarding the competition will be shared by Xavier Stewart, Associate Director at Penn Wharton Entrepreneurship. Please contact Xavier at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or concerns.
- Tangen Hall Furniture Competition: The showcase in Hoover Lounge scheduled for Monday, April 13th is now canceled. Adjustments to the competition will be posted on our Furniture Competition webpage.
WHAT IS CORONAVIRUS?
Penn Libraries has complied a guide with information and resources regarding COVID-19
The Philadelphia Inquirer has a live thread on COVID-19 across the Greater Philadelphia area.