Sponsored by Eric Aroesty, C’92
JUDGING THE STARTUP CHALLENGE IS A POWERFUL WAY TO GIVE BACK TO PENN AND WHARTON.
As an alumni judge for the Startup Challenge, you enhance the entrepreneurial experience for today’s students, and strengthen our entrepreneurial community.
Students at all levels (from freshmen to PhD), from all Penn schools, and with any amount of entrepreneurial experience enter the Penn Wharton Startup Challenge. Judges are expected to provide both quantitative scores and qualitative feedback that will benefit the student team as they work on their ventures.
All judges are invited to attend the Startup Showcase on Friday, May 3, 2019, to see the best student-founded startups from across the University and to mingle with student and alumni entrepreneurs.
Are you a Penn alumnus or alumna interested in judging? Email Jill Anick.
- Value proposition
- Originality, innovation and thoughtfulness
- Impact on big problem
- Differentiation from the existing competition
- User experience
- Identification and addressing of major relevant risks, and inclusion of contingency plans
PREPARATION FOR LAUNCH
- Target market and customer identification and segmentation
- Pricing model
- Core revenue model and ancillary revenue streams
- Marketing strategy
- Sales strategy
- Plan to scale
- Product development
- Traction-to-date (relationships with key market participants, sales, downloads, website traffic, etc.)
- Future measurable, achievable milestones
- Expertise of founding team
- Commitment and motivation of founding team
- Strategy to attract additional key people