How to Post a Job in Handshake
Watch this video or follow these instructions:
1) Create an employer account in Handshake: https://app.joinhandshake.com/employer_registrations/new
2) Click Post a Job.
3) Required items:
- Job Title
- Job Type (Job, internship, etc.)
- Employment Type (full-time or part-time)
- Description, including keywords (the more the better, especially variations on startup, start-up, start up, entrepreneur, entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial)
- Job Functions
- Job Location
- Eligibility for international students (non-US citizens or permanent residents)
- School (University of Pennsylvania)
- Application start date and expiration
4) Optional items:
- Require students to also apply through website or applicant tracking system?
- Display your contact info to students (name only, name & email, don’t show my info)
- Duration (permanent or temporary / seasonal)
- Work study job?
- Approximate salary (number, not a range), per year, month, or hour
- Allow remote workers?
- Required documents (resume, cover letter, transcript, other–list what other you want)
- Graduation date range
- School years
- Minimum GPA
- Choose whether you want to receive a summary of all applicants once the job expires and/or an email every time a new student applies
- Add anyone else whom you want to receive the applicant packages
- Whether you will interview on campus
5) Click Create.
6) You will see a summary of the job you’ve posted.
7) The job can easily be edited. Click Edit Job to do so.
8) You can also review applicants from the summary page.