Ilya Breyman, GED’17
elevator pitch: Coursalytics is a marketplace for executive education, which helps corporations and individuals to discover, compare, and book open enrollment courses and faculty on a single website more efficiently and with no extra cost.
Where did the idea for your venture come from?
My partner and I were designing a large-scale executive development program and could not find a single resource where we could compare courses and faculty. This led us to build a database for ourselves. We realized that the market is extremely fragmented and unstructured and came up with the idea to build a marketplace that will organize the executive education market in the same way Expedia and other OTAs standardized the travel industry.
How will your venture change the world?
More than 50% of executives report that they are unsatisfied with the executive education programs that they participate in. We want to change this by helping corporations, government organizations, individual executives, and entrepreneurs identify and book executive development programs that really fit their personal and organizational needs. We strongly believe that when leaders of an organization are disillusioned in their own lifelong learning, the entire organization is affected in terms of learning and development. This impacts employees, citizens, customers across all sectors.
- Ilya speaks 6 languages with a varying degree of proficiency. He learned Romanian just to do a summer research project on Transylvania.
- Alex studied, worked, and taught at 7 different universities in Europe and the US.
- Vasily biked all 500 miles on Camino de Santiago in Spain.
- Kostas is a semi-professional chef, who likes cooking pasta and risotto.
- Valeria set up and ran a local area network for in her Novosibirsk, Siberia, when she was 12.