Sponsored by Eric Aroesty, C’92
2019-20 Startup Challenge & Startup Showcase Timeline
Work on your venture idea and build your team.
- Visit Penn Wharton Entrepreneurship’s Entrepreneurship Expo on Tuesday, September 17, 2019 from 4-6pm, in Bodek Lounge, Houston Hall.
- Find resources using our Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Map
- Take an entrepreneurship class – MGMT 230/801 or Wharton’s Entrepreneurship & Innovation Specialization on Coursera
- You can audit an individual class on Coursera without subscribing or starting a free trial. After creating a Coursera account, search for the course you want to audit (ex. “Entrepreneurship 1: Developing the Opportunity”). Select that course, select Enroll, and then select “Audit the course” at the bottom of the enrollment page.
- Apply to VIP-C (Venture Initiation Program-Community) to have access to co-working community sessions, group advising, and workshops with practical advice for how to found and build a company
- Make an appointment with an Expert in Residence – Subject matter experts in law, tech, design, PR, communications, or research (market size, customer segmentation), and Entrepreneurs in Residence
Monday, December 2, 2019 (12:00 am Eastern)
Startup Challenge applications open.
Sunday, January 26, 2020 (11:59 pm Eastern)
Deadline to complete your Startup Challenge application.
Late January 2020
Application screening – Faculty and staff of Penn Wharton Entrepreneurship will screen applications to determine which will be sent to the judges for review. Applications that are incomplete, do not adequately provide the required information, or are too early to answer the application questions will not be sent to the judges for review. The decision of Penn Wharton Entrepreneurship is final.
Early to Mid-February 2020
Judge review period.
Late February 2020
Semifinalists (top 25) announced
Friday, May 1, 2020
Semifinals and Finals are held, and prize winners are selected at the Penn Wharton Startup Showcase, the capstone event for the Startup Challenge! The team leader must be physically present and able to pitch and participate in the full day of events.